National Scholarship Opportunities
The Honors College has an ongoing commitment to recognizing and awarding excellence among all undergraduate students. CSU students are encouraged to apply for and participate in these national competitions. Below are just some of the opportunities available. Students are encouraged to begin planning for these opportunities as early as their freshman year so that they can participate in activities that will increase their competitive edge in these prestigious national competitions. Below are just some of the opportunities available.
- Awards up $7,500 per year for 2 years
- Seeks students interested in Mathematics, Natural Sciences & Engineering.
- Faculty Nominations available: 4 Nominations per Institution
- Institutional Deadline: December 1, 2017
- Application Deadline: January 26, 2018
- Seeks students interested in the Environment or Native American and Alaska Native students committed to careers in tribal public policy or Native American and Alaska Native students committed to careers in Native health care
- Awards 60 recipients up to $7,000 for educational expenses
- Faculty Nominations available: 4 Environmental Candidates and 4 Tribal Public Policy and/or Health Care Nominations per Institution
- Institutional Deadline: February 22
- Deadline for applications: March 8, 2018
- Available to Phi Kappa Phi members entering the first year of graduate or professional study
- Awards 51 Fellowships of $5,000 and 6 Fellowships of $15,000 each year
- Institutional Deadline: March 19, 2018
- National Deadline: April 15, 2018
- Awards fifty $1,000 Study Abroad Grants
- Open to all disciplines for Studying Abroad
- Session B Deadline: September 15, 2017
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 to study or intern abroad for students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding. Award amounts will vary depending on the length of study and student need.
- Study or Intern abroad must be for at least four weeks (28 days) in one country and no more than one academic year.
- Spring 2018/Summer 2018 (early) Application Deadline: October 3, 2017
- One or Two Year Scholarships to the study in the UK
- University fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States.
- Application Deadline: October 2, 2017 5pm EST
- One academic year of postgraduate study in any discipline offered by institutions of higher learning in Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Application Deadline: September 29, 2017 at 5pm EST
- Students pursuing a graduate degree in Oxford - Includes all educational costs plus a living stipend.
- Disciplines: Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Science, and Social Science
- Application Deadline: October 4, 2017 at 11:59pm EST
- Up to $30,000 toward a public service-related graduate degree.
- Seeks students wanting to get a master's degree, a doctorate, or a professional degree such as a law degree or a Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Public Policy, or Master of International Affairs.
- Involvement in student government, community service activities, government internships, political activities/campaigns
- US Citizen of Junior Standing
- Institution can nominate up to 4 students
- Application Deadline: February 6, 2018
For additional information about any of the scholarships listed above, please click on the link provided or schedule an appointment in EAB.
View the presentation below for additional information on pursuing a National Scholarship
How to schedule an Advising Appointment for National Scholarship Advising in EAB
- Sign in to MyCSU
- Click EAB on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen
- On the upper right-hand side, click on the tab "Get Advising"
- Select Academic Advising
- Your Reason should be National Scholarship Inquiry
- Select Honors College for Location
- Select Laura Pate as the Advisor
- Available times will show in blue by date on the next screen
- To Book: Select a time under the date you wish to schedule and click "Next"
- The Appointment Confirmation Screen will come up
- Add any relevant notes/questions in the box, and select a reminder if you wish to receive an email or text message to remind you of the appointment.
For more information and tips on how to make your scholarship application successful, please click here.