National Scholarship Opportunities
The Honors College has an ongoing commitment to recognizing and awarding excellence among our Undergraduate students. CSU Honor students entering their sophomore and junior years are encouraged to apply and participate in these national competitions. Ongoing national scholarship opportunities are provided below:
- Awards up $7,500 per year for 2 years
- Seeks students interested in Mathematics, Natural Sciences & Engineering.
- Faculty Nominations available: 4 Nominations per Institution
- Institutional Deadline: December 2, 2016
- Application Deadline: January 27, 2017
- Seeks students interested in the Environment or Native American and Alaska Native students committed to careers in tribal public policy or Native American and Alaska Native students committed to careers in Native health care
- Awards 60 recipients up to $7,000 for educational expenses
- Faculty Nominations available: 6 Nominations per Institution
- Institutional Deadline: February 1, 2017
- Deadline for applications: March 15, 2017
- Available to Phi Kappa Phi members entering the first year of graduate or professional study
- Awards 51 Fellowships of $5,000 and 6 Fellowships of $15,000 each year
- Institutional Deadline: March 20, 2017
- National Deadline: April 15, 2017
- Awards fifty $1,000 Study Abroad Grants
- Open to all disciplines for Studying Abroad
- Session A Deadline: February 15, 2017
- Session B Deadline: September 15, 2017
- Scholarships of up to $5,000 to study or intern abroad for students receiving Federal Pell Grant funding. Award amounts will vary depending on the length of study and student need.
- Study or Intern abroad must be for at least four weeks (28 days) in one country and no more than one academic year.
- Spring 2017/Summer 2017 (early) Application Deadline: October 4, 2016
- One or Two Year Scholarships to the University of Oxford
- University fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2016
- One academic year of postgraduate study in any discipline offered by institutions of higher learning in Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2016 at 5pm
- Students pursuing a graduate degree in Oxford - Includes all educational costs plus a living stipend.
- Disciplines: Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Science, and Social Science
- Application Deadline: October 5, 2016 at 11:59pm
- Up to $30,000 toward a public service-related graduate degree.
- Seeks students wanting to get a master's degree, a doctorate, or a professional degree such as a law degree or a Master of Public Administration, Master of Public Health, Master of Social Work, Master of Education, Master of Public Policy, or Master of International Affairs.
- Involvement in student government, community service activities, government internships, political activities/campaigns
- US Citizen of Junior Standing
- Institution can nominate up to 4 students
- Application Deadline: February 7, 2017
For additional information about any of the scholarships listed above, please click on the link provided or contact the Honors College at 706-507-8776.
For more information and tips on how to make your scholarship application successful, please click here.