GCHC Faculty Development
LEAP Into Honors | September 28-29, 2018
The Georgia Collegiate Honors Council invites you to nominate your outstanding faculty to present at the 2018 GCHC Faculty Development Workshop. The theme, LEAP into Honors, is inspired by the Liberal Education and America's Promise (LEAP) Challenge of the Association of American Colleges & Universities to encourage transforming education and incorporating more high impact practices.
Please register for this event by September 22, 2018.
Faculty, staff, and administrators who teach and mentor honors students are invited to attend and share, or learn about high impact practices. Honors Administrators have the opportunity to nominate up to two faculty or staff members from their institution who has significantly contributed to honors education to join one of the following thematic panels:
- Civic Engagement & Service Learning
- Honors First Year Experience, including first year seminars, developing strong communities, living learning communities, summer scholars programs
- Signature Work, including creating assignments that exemplify Honors at your institution, thesis, portfolio, etc.
- Mentored Undergraduate Research & Creative Endeavors including all aspects of mentoring, resourcing and celebrating student endeavors
- Study Abroad & Study Away, including developing cross-institutional partnership with study abroad
- Engaging Pedagogies & High Impact Practices, including "City As Text", "Reacting to the Past", "Partners in the Park", and all experiential learning pedagogies.
*Nominations my indicate more than one panel that faculty can apply their presentation
Panel Format: Each panel will have up to five presenters, moderated by GCHC leaders. First 30 minutes presenting, second 30 minutes for discussion.
Nominations due by September 1, 2018.