Entering Freshmen Admission Requirements and Application
- To be considered for the Honors College, applicants must have applied for admission to Columbus State University
- Students should complete the Honors College Application and submit it as directed on the application.
- Entering freshman will be selected on the basis of SAT/ACT scores, grade point average, class standing, honors, and participation in high school and community activities.
- Admission requirements* for entering honors freshmen are:
- No College Preparatory Curriculum (CPC) deficiencies (based on state of Georgia requirements) preventing regular admission to Columbus State University
- Two of the following three criteria
- A high school academic GPA of 3.50 or higher,
- At least an ACT composite score of 26 or the equivalent SAT, or
- Academically ranked as the top 10% of high school graduating class.
*Students not meeting these minimum requirements may be admitted provisionally, if space is available, and are encouraged to apply. All applications will be evaluated for scholarship opportunities that are available through the Honors College.
Students are admitted to the Honors College on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
All applications received before the deadline will be considered for eligibility for scholarships. Students deemed eligible will be notified of additional steps they should take. Deadlines for scholarship consideration are listed below.
Deadline for Presidential Scholarship consideration: January 31, 2018
Deadline for Tower and University Scholarship consideration: March 1, 2018