The Honors College offers specialized advising and priority registration to honors students; which allow access to early class registration for flexibility in planning academic schedules to maximize opportunities for internships, service projects, and research experiences.
CSU Academic Advising Mission Statement
Columbus State University will provide a comprehensive academic advisement system staffed by highly qualified advisors who interact in a positive, productive, and ethical manner with the diverse student population to provide assistance as students identify, clarify, and accomplish their educational and career goals.
CSU Academic Advising Goals
Through the comprehensive academic advising program at CSU, the advisor will:
- Provide students with high-quality academic advising services which encourage them to pursue academic excellence.
- Support and assist student in exploring, confirming, and achieving their education and career goals.
- Assist students as they become independent decision-markers who demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Contribute to student development by referring students to appropriate campus resources.
- Encourage participation in co-curricular and experiential learning activities.
Appointments with the Honors Advisors can be made through the EAB System.
- Log-in through the MyCSU tab on the CSU Homepage.
- Click EAB on the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- On the upper right-hand side click on the tab "Get Advising".
- Select the reason you would like to meet with an Advisor using the drop-down menus.
- Honors Advising - A-J - Ms. Laura Pate
- Honors Advising - K-Z - Ms. Jasmine Reid
- Select Honors College as your location.
- Select Laura Pate or Jasmine Reid.
- Here you will see available times. Choose your day and morning or afternoon.
- Available times will show in blue by date on the next screen.
- To Book: Click on a time under the date you wish to schedule and select "Next".
- The Appointment Confirmation Screen will come up.
- Add any relevant notes/questions in the box, and select a reminder if you wish to receive an email or text message to remind you of the appointment.
You are now scheduled to see your Advisor! Please note the date and time of your appointment.
If you are having any difficulties setting an appointment see Darci Burdett in the Honors College office; Illges 307.
Why should I see an Honors Advisor?
- Release an honors advising hold
- Answer questions regarding student's academic progress (i.e. honors requirement, contract proposal, roll correction forms, changing major, degree program requirements, etc).
- Guide students, avoid (if necessary), recover from academic missteps.
- Offer guidance to students as they select appropriate courses for their major
- Personal and professional growth
- Discuss study aboard opportunities
- Discuss national scholarship opportunities
In order to prepare for your advising session you should review your Columbus State transcript to make sure all transfer credits appear on the transcript from all colleges and universities attended.
Please also bring:
- Writing utensil and paper
- Your Student ID Number (909)
- Any previous advising materials
- A list of any questions
- Preliminary course selection (if applicable)