The Honors College offers specialized advising and priority registration to honors students; which allow access to early class registration for flexibility in planning academic schedules to maximize opportunities for internships, service projects, and research experiences.
Why should I see an Honors Advisor?
- Release an honors advising hold
- Answer questions regarding student's academic progress (i.e. honors requirement, contract proposal, roll correction forms, changing major, degree program requirements, etc).
- Guide students, avoid (if necessary), recover from academic missteps.
- Offer guidance to students as they select appropriate courses for their major
- Personal and professional growth
- Discuss study aboard opportunities
- Discuss national scholarship opportunities
CSU Academic Advising Mission Statement
Columbus State University will provide a comprehensive academic advisement system staffed by highly qualified advisors who interact in a positive, productive, and ethical manner with the diverse student population to provide assistance as students identify, clarify, and accomplish their educational and career goals.
CSU Academic Advising Goals
Through the comprehensive academic advising program at CSU, the advisor will:
- Provide students with high-quality academic advising services which encourage them to pursue academic excellence.
- Support and assist student in exploring, confirming, and achieving their education and career goals.
- Assist students as they become independent decision-markers who demonstrate initiative and responsibility.
- Contribute to student development by referring students to appropriate campus resources.
- Encourage participation in co-curricular and experiential learning activities.
Appointments with the Honors Advisors can be made through the EAB System.
- Log into your MyCSU account.
- On the left navigation, click on EAB.
- Click on "Get Assistance" in the blue box on the right hand side.
- From the "I would like help with" drop down, choose "Advising".
- From the "Reason" drop down, choose "Honors Advising".
- From the "Pick a Service" drop down, choose your reason for scheduling a meeting.
- Choose your location.
- Pick your advisor from the drop down or click next for all availability.
- Here you will see available times. Choose your day and morning or afternoon.
- Once you click on morning or afternoon, you are given times to choose from. Click on your selected time, and click Next.
- Enter comments/concerns/questions in the comment box.
- Set up a reminder! We highly suggest the text option!
- Click on Confirm appointment!
You are now scheduled to see your Advisor! Please note the date and time of your appointment.
If you are having any difficulties setting an appointment see Darci Burdett in the Honors College office; Illges 307.
In order to prepare for your advising session you should review your Columbus State transcript to make sure all transfer credits appear on the transcript from all colleges and universities attended.
Please also bring:
- Writing utensil and paper
- Your Student ID Number (909)
- Any previous advising materials
- A list of any questions
- Preliminary course selection (if applicable)